Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Oral Delights"

Those are the phonetics spoken by Tony Smith at the top of the latest issue of Starship Sofa, at least, and while I'm pretty sure that Aural Delights is the more accurate spelling, I'm betting the ambiguity is deliberate.

I'm over there, anyway, in all my slightly-too-nasal vocal glory, nattering on for twenty minutes about conjoined supervillians and a neuro-legal rationale for killing twins. (Also a brief snark about the dumbness of therapists.) It's the first installment of Reality, ReMastered, my monthlyish exercise in free-wheeling bullshit, for those of you who don't get enough of that here. I'm near the top of the mp3, coming in between a neat little poem by Laurel Winter and the main payload, a story called "Easy as Pie" by Rudy Rucker.

So check it out, if you're so inclined. Me, I'm gonna watch the season finale of Lost.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Heck yeah! More Watts...I'm there. Thanks for the link, Peter.

May 29, 2008 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Well, no moral system can be founded on reason alone since you need axioms to get you started. This is even true of pure mathematics. Numbers trace their rigorous definitions back to a set of premises as empirically arbitrary as the idea that suffering is, in some sense, bad.

May 30, 2008 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger The Lake Fever said...

Is the rationale for killing twins that they can be creepy, sepecially when they talk at the same time? Because that is hella creepy.

May 30, 2008 at 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved it. The Sofa's about to get a donation from me.

May 30, 2008 at 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee. Rudy Rucker.

Interesting talk on consciousness.

June 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Sarasti said...

Loved the mp3 in general and your, ahem, lecture in particular.

For some reason I imagined your voice as slightly deeper and more rage-filled.

But your real voice works too. Might even be slightly creepier.

I like the sliding scale/equation of rarity, complexity, and whatnot. I'd actually been thinking over the multiple-iteration question lately.

June 2, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home